Technology is rapidly and constantly changing. A static website was all that was needed at one stage. Now, a website is a living, breathing entity; so every update once it is “live” on the internet, plays a part in its interaction with visitors, customers, and the powerful search engines. A static website without updates of any kind may be viewed by search engines as a “deceased” entity as it is lifeless and has nothing new to offer.
Frequently updated websites offer search engines a haven for fresh content and sources of new information for their search requests. Simply put, if you update your website often with high quality content, search engines will love you for it.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a methodology of strategies, techniques and tactics used to increase the amount of visitors to a website by obtaining a high-ranking placement in the search results page of a search engine.
Google is the king of all search engines and and has tremendous influence.
To name a few, Google loves:
- Fresh Content – The more frequently you update your website with GOOD QUALITY articles, downloads and pictures the more frequently a search engine will stop by to visit your website. When search engines look at your site more frequently, you have the opportunity to achieve higher rankings based on the content you provide.
- Frequent Updates – A site that is updated once a day, or at least two to three times a week, is considered a frequently updated site. The “Googlebot” that crawls the web is constantly searching for web pages that are new or updated and then adds the fresh content to the Google index. If you update your content often with reliable and valuable information, then you have a better chance of Google ranking your site higher with each update. To add an article, an image or just make some change on your site is one way to get noticed. The easiest and most effective way to stay fresh is to add a blog on your site and continue to add articles that will get noticed by your viewers. Another way is to link a social media platform like Facebook. If viewers comment on your blog or Facebook, it counts as an update on your site. We can help you implement this and you can run these pages or we can do it for you; you would periodically have to provide us with new content or photos.
- More Content and More Keywords – Publishing new content will present you with yet more opportunities for your site to contain more keywords. Keywords are high on the process chart for search engine indexing and ranking. Frequently added content, such as blog or article postings on linked social media like Facebook, allows you to optimize the article with pertinent keywords that can attract visitors to your site. Google does not base a ton of weight on how many keywords your website has but at top quality content. Write content that answers a question, explains how to do something for the reader or provides quality information that they want.
- Fresh Content Increases Your Authority Potential – The predominant strategy to becoming an authority site is by abiding by the SEO motto, “content is king.” The more informative, valuable content you can publish that pertains to your industry, the greater authority potential your website enjoys and the more valuable content you publish, the better your chances of becoming an authority site. Each time you update your website with a news story, another page is created and indexed by Google. The more you write on a particular topic, as long as the content is great, you become a stronger authority and people begin to trust what you say. The more they trust you, the more likely they are to purchase from you. Social media platforms are a great place to begin building authority on a topic. Answering questions on forums, posting valuable in-depth articles on your blog or just commenting something worthwhile on other’s blogs can build your reputation and gain you the authority you need in your industry. If you consistently write top quality content, users will become loyal. Loyalty is something you cannot buy, so even the small business owners have a chance to compete with the big dogs of their industry.
- You Constantly Keep Your Audience Informed and Updated – Another good reason to update your website with valuable content is to keep current subscribers updated, as well as to provide necessary information for new visitors to convert into customers. By keeping your audience engaged, you develop long-term loyalty, which translates into returning traffic that adds tremendous value to your website and may translate into business. Regularly updating your website with fresh content will not only result in appreciation and loyalty from your visitors, but will put you in good standings with the influential Google.
We trust that this article has helped you understand why a website that is frequently updated will be of benefit in the long run.
Optimization of a website matters in the digital world so website maintenance is important and we are here to assist you. Please let us know if you would like to discuss optimization, otherwise please send through any updates we can make. If we can help you in adding a blog or a social media platform like Facebook please feel free to contact us.